The ACCA Food pantry is in the process of reorganizing and needs your help!
The Food Pantry is testing a new program of service to the Annandale community on Saturdays, and they need volunteer support. Volunteers will work from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm on May 11, May 18, and June 1, handling a variety of tasks necessary to keep the Food Pantry running and in order.
To participate in this special Saturday pilot program (or to learn about other ways you can support this vital service in our community), please contact David Donahue at [email protected].
The food pantry needs volunteers to:
- Dispose of spoiled or expired food
- Serve as a food deliverer, as needed
- Weigh food for inventory purposes
- Clean the Pantry – sweep, mop and remove trash
- Recycle plastic bags and cardboard
- Stock shelves, as necessary
The ACCA Food Pantry is at 7200 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA. It’s on the west end of the grounds of the ACCA Child Development Center. Thank you for your support!