The Altar Guild works invisibly behind the scenes, so that worshipers notice only that the scene before them is familiar and in order. The Guild sets the Lord’s Table for each Eucharist; changes the Altar hangings for the seasons of the church year; and, purchases and cares for vestments and all the Altar linens, bread and wine, candles, silver and all other elements used for worship.
Altar Guild Manual
Below are the sections of the Altar Guild Manual for individual download in PDF format. (Revised June 2019)
- Introduction Cover Sheet
- Section 1 – History of the Altar Guild
- Section 2 – Preparation for Services
- Section 3 – Special Liturgies _ Celebrations
- Section 4 – Care of Linens
- Section 5 – Liturgical Colors
- Section 6 – Glossary
- Section 7 – Attendance List
- Section 8 – Historical Material
For more information about the Altar Guild, please contact us.