The Holy Land is often called the “Fifth Gospel”: testifying to the life, death and resurrection of Jesus in its own vivid, unforgettable way. Our parish pilgrimage will be based at St. George’s College in East Jerusalem, on the grounds of the Cathedral Church of St. George the Martyr, located just a few blocks from the Old City.
We will participate in the Footsteps of Jesus pilgrimage course, which includes visits to all of the major sites in Jesus’ ministry:
This pilgrimage will enable you to
- Explore Jerusalem’s Old City, its four ancient quarters and lively markets
- See the Church of the Resurrection (a.k.a. the Holy Sepulchre)
- Kneel at the site of Christ’s birth at the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem
- Visit Jesus’ hometown of Nazareth
- Ascend to the Church of the Transfiguration at Mount Tabor
- Experience a calm ride on a fishing boat on the Sea of Galilee
- Meditate and pray in the Judean Wilderness
- Remember your Baptismal Vows at the Baptism of Jesus site on the Jordan River
- Walk the route of the Palm Sunday Procession
- Walk the Way of the Cross on the Via Dolorosa
- Worship with Palestinian Christians in a local parish
- Reflect on the complex political realities in the Holy Land, with diverse Israeli, Christian and Arab speakers
Room and board for full ten days, course transportation and admission to all sites: $2600. (Airfare and travel insurance not included.) Some scholarship funds may be available through supporting organizations. A $500 deposit is due to register. (The remaining course fee is not due until 30 days before the course begins.)
For more information, talk to Fr. Paul: [email protected].
The course is still quite open, so there is time to join! The course size is limited to 38 participants; so, once it’s full, it’s full. Open to parishioners and friends of Saint Alban’s parish.
More details here: Holy Land Pilgrimage Information
I can speak from experience, having been twice before: your faith, and your life, will never be the same after visiting this sacred and challenging place.